Tuesday, June 30, 2009

THE BATTLE IS NOT OVER ..."A TIME OF REST"

Many of you who have Sickle Cell Disease understand the many times we are;...Silent and Missing. Most times it is due to what we call…” Crisis”. This is when we have to go Underground to fight for our “Lives”.

I was happy and doing as well as I could expect on Father’s Day, June 21. I had visited my Dad and Mom and was driving back home with my wife. On Monday, June 22 I awakened with a familiar feeling in my back. I knew what it was and went for the Tylenol to get relief. For the next few minutes I awaited to see if that feeling would go away. My next action was to try a pain reliever…this did not work either. Around 2:00 PM I called my Physician. I was admitted into Emory Midtown around 3: OO PM

A week later I was released after receiving 4 units of blood (over 2 days), ridding my body of several pounds of water and adjusting all of my blood pressure medicines. Each time I am in the hospital I always have to argue with the nurse and pharmacy regarding dosing and schedules relating to my medications. Enough said! This is why we need to converse with each other,... determine the best protocols,... and identify what is required to help ease each other’s concern.

IT’S SO GOOD TO BE OUT OF THE HOSPITAL ON HOLIDAY’S! CELEBRATE SAFELY ON THE 4TH OF JULY!

WISH ME WELL DURING MY RECOVERY...I PRAY FOR ALL OF YOU …MAY YOU GROW STRONGER AND YOUR WALK BE IN GOD’S PATH.

No comments:

Post a Comment