Thursday, November 4, 2010

I'm Still Here

Many of you have wondered when i might blog again? To tell you the truth, I wondered also. God has blessed me with an abundant life, filled with a wonderful wife and three wonderful adult children. I exclaim their praise every chance I get. For them, and blessings from above, I will continue to write.

Well, I have been quite ill this year. In and out of the hospital every month. The end of September I found myself in the hospital. I was there for a crisis. They placed a port in my, chest and after getting back to my room I began to bleed from the site and the nurses could not get it under control. From there they gave me an exchange transfusion. From there I found myself in ICU.

To say the least my Kidney's shut down. I became a dialysis patient. For many years I knew this was inevitable. Did I expect it? To be honest, I was on borrowed time. Most men with SCD who live beyond 40 are on borrowed time. Was I scared? Yes. Although I knew I lived to see another day.

I developed Shingles from, stress and Cellulitis on my left thigh. Yet God allowed me to survive. I was released 34 days later. Today, I am being dialized 3 times a week. I feel great and am hopeful that my recovery continues.

I received, the below recognition, which validated why I should continue to blog. Admittedly, I had no desire for a long time. whoever nominated me I thank you

"Congratulations! Sarah here, and your blog, Sickle Cell Anemia... The Male
Perspective, was determined to be one of the best blogs to exude overall
brilliance. And so, it has received our 2010 Top 15 AnemiaBlogs Award
presented by Medical Billing and Coding!"

No comments:

Post a Comment